Handmade to a bespoke standard, Kirk Originals' Reed is an aviator shape with an infilled bridge crafted from the best quality natural acetate and adding substance and character to the genre of frames inspired by motor racing movie stars like Paul Newman. A clean, strong front blends seamlessly into the light arms; a considered touch that maintains a strong distinctive look yet is light and comfortable with a modern feel. Handmade in England, from starting grid to finishing line. Available in polished Tortoiseshell, Green Fade or Black acetate.
HANDMADE IN ENGLAND
• Produced in small limited runs and made entirely by hand in our English workshop to a bespoke standard.
• Manufactured from the best European Acetate in a substantial 8mm thickness
• Fitted with five-barrel German stainless-steel hinges with flush rivets to the temple
• Subtle branding to the inner temple using a vintage metal die and gold foil process.
• Bold 8mm acetate fronts with slimmer 6 mm temples sculpted and shaped by hand.
• From initial set out and hand cutting of each frame to the final hand polish the process takes up to seventy-two hours
• Each frame is cut, formed and finished by hand by our master craftsman ensuring every frame is unique and retains their own individual character.
• Fitted with premium Italian Sun Lens with anti-reflective coating and offering 100% UVA & UVB protection
• Packaged in our bespoke handmade black clutch case with a protective dark green suede liner and housed within a premium grade black textured card box with embossed gold foil logo.